[kronolith] Feature suggestions for Kronolith

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Fri Jun 3 07:53:10 PDT 2005

1)  Reclaim some icon real estate:

The Today icon provides a specialized case of the Goto icon (namely Goto the
day/week/month [depending on which date you click] that contains the day
highlighted with the Red Box).  Are the pixels taken up by the Today icon worth
the extra click it saves?  You achieve the same screen if you click on the
Calendar link in the left sidebar.  Just bringing this up because a bunch of us
never use the Today icon and Kronolith's menu is pretty full.

2)  Checking individual's Free/Busy info, outside the context of an event

A feature that would be nice is to have a "Check someone's schedule" link
(renamed to some catchy phrase), prominently placed, so someone could check to
see if another individual had meetings scheduled or not.  The situation where
this would be helpful would be the following:

I want to stop by to see someone else.  I don't want to schedule a formal
meeting with them but I'd like to see if they have events scheduled all day or
not, so I can attempt to gauge when I stop by would be a good time or not.  So
I click on my "Check someone's schedule" link, put in their email address and I
can see what their schedule looks like for today.

I can get the same information by creating a new event and Edit Invitees, but I
don't really want to create a new event.  I just want a simple way to check
their FB info.  And for that matter, I don't need to know if their schedule
conflicts with someone else's, or mine and there's no need for Required,
Optional, or None for Attendance.  I just need to see if they have something
blocked out in their schedule.  So maybe this would best be described as how to
best find an easy way to make browsing FB info for an individual simple,
without presenting all the extra overhead of scheduling to the interested
individual.

Kevin
--
Kevin M. Myer