[kronolith] virtual domain sharing - dynamic auth params basedn ?

Mark xa87n at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 8 12:36:33 PDT 2005

> > If this can also be done with groups and permissions, and someone
> > wants to help push me the right way, that would be nice also. I've
> > searched the lists and google, but haven't found out much except
> > that it should be possible. It seems a bit messy to do it that way,

> > I would have to make a group for each domain, then add users one by

> > one via Admin gui/user..or most likely I'm missing something and
> > this is why I'm asking for little help. :)
>
> If you already have a list of users and can determine from the
> username to which domain they belong, you could use the hook backend
> for Horde groups. This way you at least have all groups set up
> already. You will see all users and all groups from your server
> though.

Yes, thanks, I now remember seeing the hook, and thinking to maybe call
groups by domain name, make groups, and then modify the permissions
page in kronolith to use this to display only usernames/email inside
that domain. I'm still learning my way around the modules and this is
just a very uneducated idea, I will have more time this weekend to work
on it.

Any thoughts on the second part of my question (making conf-auth*basedn
"dynamic" somehow)? From my unfamiliar side it seems like that would be
a more generic solution that might then work for all modules, instead
of trying to hacking Kronolith, and then maybe another module will need
the same.

It is interesting that no one came accross this before, how do all the
people work this out? Or perhaps most installations have just one or a
couple of domains, and its ok then to just see all the users.
I forgot to say, running HEAD here.
Thanks for answering me.

Mark