[kronolith] virtual domain sharing - dynamic auth params basedn ?

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Jul 8 00:51:56 PDT 2005

Zitat von Mark <xa87n at yahoo.com>:

> I would like to be able to share calendars per domain, meaning users
> inside a domain (for example everyone inside yahoo.com) would be able
> to share calendars with each other and not with anyone else. I'm pretty
> sure I could figure out how to do it with permissions and groups, but
> what I would really like is that users can only see other users inside
> the domain. For example, lets say I create a new calendar, and want to
> share it, I click on Permissions and get a pulldown menu with all the
> users, at the moment I can see all users in all domains..and I would
> like to see just users in my domain.

This doesn't work out of the box yet unfortunately.

> If this can also be done with groups and permissions, and someone wants
> to help push me the right way, that would be nice also. I've searched
> the lists and google, but haven't found out much except that it should
> be possible. It seems a bit messy to do it that way, I would have to
> make a group for each domain, then add users one by one via Admin
> gui/user..or most likely I'm missing something and this is why I'm
> asking for little help. :)

If you already have a list of users and can determine from the username
to which domain they belong, you could use the hook backend for Horde
groups. This way you at least have all groups set up already. You will
still see all users and all groups from your server though.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/