[kronolith] Excessive memory usage with Kronolith

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Mon Jul 25 13:29:17 PDT 2005

> Does the block actually output, or does there seem to be a loop that
> doesn't exit?

I've never waited for output long enough - it shouldn't take more than a few
seconds, but I've waited up to a minute.

> Does the production install display the same calendar data in the
> portal block without difficulty?

Yes, it displays just fine there.

> So does this happen for regular calendar views as well, or just the
> portal block? _Which_ portal block (there are 4 or so), and with what
> exact settings? Does it happen in the day view?

Its with the Kronolith summary Block (default settings - Calendar -> All
Visible), although following an initial import, if I try to access Kronolith,
via something like the Today link, it hangs as well.  Import is fine - it just
seems like any subsequent kronolith accesses cause it to spiral away.

> What's the overall set of code being run that generates all those
> calls? Etc...

horde_block_kronolith_summary::getcontent ->
horde_block_kronolith_summary::_content -> kronolith->listevents ->
kronolith->_getevents (called 12 times) which then invokes the functions I
mentioned in multiples of hundreds of thousands :)

I did start to eliminate events from the slimmed down twenty from the
past month
and was able to import and use Kronolith successfully - the problem is
I wasn't
methodical enough about it, so I'm not sure which event it was that caused it
to go nuts.  I'll be systematic about it tomorrow - for now, thats all
the info
I have.

Kevin
--