[kronolith] Default permissions for calendars

Kristian Barek horde at ndn.no
Wed Aug 3 08:56:12 PDT 2005

Hi!

I've been trying to get Free/Busy invitations to work, and one remaining problem
now is that the event creator gets "Permission denied" when trying to update
respondent status from an attendee. This happens when one of the attendees has
added the event to their calendar. The update succeeds if "event owner"
permissions are set to "edit" on the calendar of the attendee.

Now I need to make sure that this permission is set for all users.
I read somewhere that for new users it could be set in base.php (and I guess for
existing users deleting a their calendar or creating other calendars, it could
be set elsewhere).

However, is there somewhere to set a default permission for all calendars?

I notice that I can add a "kronolith" entry to the permission tree, but this
preference does not seem to affect calendars, only general access to Kronolith.
Is there a sub-permission that can be set, or do I have to write some code to
update all existing calendars manually? I can't find any documentation on this.

regards,
Kristian Barek

P.S. I've spent a lot of time getting Free/Busy to work "seamlessly" (automatic
generation of FB URLs, searching the correct address book for the correct mail
address, etc).

Is it supposed to be this hard, or is there some preference setup/address book
back-end that would cause all this to Just Work? If not, I'd be glad to write a
guide of some sort on the Horde Wiki.