[kronolith] Default permissions for calendars

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Aug 3 14:06:57 PDT 2005

Quoting Kristian Barek <horde at ndn.no>:

> However, is there somewhere to set a default permission for all calendars?

Not currently. I think this would be a reasonable addition, though, so
I'd consider a patch.

> I notice that I can add a "kronolith" entry to the permission tree, but this
> preference does not seem to affect calendars, only general access to
> Kronolith.

Correct. Storing a default permission there makes sense, though; that's
an elegant way to do it. Then we could just clone that permission (if
it exists) for any new calendar. That's work.

> Is there a sub-permission that can be set, or do I have to write some code to
> update all existing calendars manually? I can't find any
> documentation on this.

You'll need to write some code for it.

> P.S. I've spent a lot of time getting Free/Busy to work
> "seamlessly"(automatic
> generation of FB URLs, searching the correct address book for the
> correct mail
> address, etc).
>
> Is it supposed to be this hard, or is there some preference
> setup/address book
> back-end that would cause all this to Just Work? If not, I'd be glad
> to write a guide of some sort on the Horde Wiki.

Hopefully you really don't think that it's _supposed_ to be hard, but
no, it's not smooth right now, and we know it. Suggestions are great
and if you were to write a howto in the wiki that would be even better.

Quincy Adams