[kronolith] Free/Busy URL "Blank"

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Fri Dec 9 09:30:30 PST 2005

Quoting Mike Bydalek <mbydalek at compunetconsulting.com>:

> Hi,
>
> It's been a while since I've really administered Horde since we've had
> it up and running flawlessly for almost a year now.  Recently I've had
> time and updated everything to the latest stable and I'm now wanting to
> setup Free/Busy URLs for remote subscriptions.

Free/Busy URLs are not the same as remote subscriptions.  FB URLs
provide an iCal file that contains times when you are free and busy.
Remote subscriptions involves adding a remote URL for a calendar that
gets displayed in Kronolith.  Or in, the 2.1 Kronolith branch, you can
also use a desktop client to subscribe to a Kronolith calendar.

> Basically my goal is to have several people admin. a Kronolith calendar,
> and have all our employees subscribe to this calendar (since they only
> need read-access) via. whatever client they want (iCal, Sunbird, etc.).
> My first problem is that the Free/Busy .ics file doesn't contain any
> events on my calendar.  I checked the Horde and the calendar I'm using
> permissions and Guests have Read access to both.  Am I missing something
> else I should enable?

The URL for subscribing to a calendar won't be the FB URL.  It will be
something like
http://horde.example.com/horde/kronolith/month.php?display_cal=<your
calendar id>.  On a Kronolith HEAD install, this URL is available by
clicking on the My Calendars icon, and under Edit Calendars, select the
calendar.  The URL will show you what to give to someone to subscribe
to the calendar.

> Also, does anyone know if this will even work?  I'm not too familiar
> with ICS and everything, but will the Free/Busy Kronolith spits out show
> up on client apps?

Yes, any client that can handle FB URLs should be able to work with the
Free/Busy info Kronolith generates.  But again, FB and remote
subscription of calendars are two entirely different things.

Kevin
--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator