[kronolith] Odd Calendar Scenario

Mike Bydalek mbydalek at compunetconsulting.com
Wed Dec 28 13:03:07 PST 2005

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Mike Bydalek <mbydalek at compunetconsulting.com>:
>

>> One of the problems that I'm seeing is that for each user, Kronolith
>> automatically creates a calendar for this user, which we do not want as
>> we don't want them to have any calendars, just the shared ones.  Is
>> there a way to disable this behavior?
>>

> It only runs if there aren't any calendars created, so if you lock
> their display_calendars preferences and set them to include the
> calendar(s) you want them to see, it won't happen.

This is perfect and exactly what I was looking for.
> In addition I think we should probably make it a bit less chancy by
> never running the code to create a personal calendar if either the
> default_calendar or display_calendars prefs are locked - which makes
> more sense to folks?

After thinking about it, I would say that having either 'default_share'
or 'display_cals' locked would be the way to go.  In either situation,
you're limiting the user to what you want to them to see, and by
allowing them to use a personal calendar, negates the admin's goals.

One nice "ToDo" that I thought of would be to have a user preference
editor.  For example in my situation, I want to lock everyone's views &
default calendars, but have a different calendar based on the user.
This would probably be a more Horde-wide feature tho.

-Mike