[kronolith] Sunbird

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Fri Feb 3 09:31:41 PST 2006

Quoting Joaquim Homrighausen <joho at webbplatsen.se>:

> dino wrote:
>
>> Has anyone had any luck yet getting Sunbird or another i-Cal compliant
>> external app to work with Kronolith?
>
> Actually, I tried getting the current Sunbird working today against
> Kronolith-RC2 to no avail.
>
> I assume I have to either a) make the calendar readable for guests
> and/or b) supply the username and password somehow in the calendar URL,
> and c) know to specify CalDav or WebDav as the calendar type in Sunbird.

Apple's iCal works for subscribing to a calendar, but obviously not for
publishing (yet).  The only gotcha that I found was that when
specifying the subscription URL in iCal, it wouldn't take HTTPS urls.
We transparently redirect any non-SSL request to port 443 on our web
server, so what was weird was that if you entered the URL with just
http://blah, iCal would take the URL and retrieve the data.  So the
issue seems to be more with iCal's rules for what a valid URL are, than
what the actual data transport stream ends up being.

If you want to anonymously subscribe to a calendar, then you need to
grant guest access to it.  But otherwise, when you attempt to subscribe
with a desktop client, it should prompt you for authentication
credentials.

Kevin
--
Kevin M. Myer