[kronolith] Alarm

Chris grooveman at comcast.net
Sat Feb 4 08:53:11 PST 2006

Hello.

I have seen similar complaints of this in the archives, but have not
seen a solution.

I am getting no indication what-so-ever from Kronolith when I have an
alarm set on a calendar item.  I have tested this over and over.  I get
no pop-up, I get no indicator on my calendar page or on my portal.  I
get no email reminder.

I have set up an account on my box called "reminder", and I tested it
using sendmail and mini_sendmail -- and it works.  Yet I get nothing
from Kronolith.  I have set up kronolith to use this account.  Still
nothing.

Ideally, I would like a pop-up reminder for alarms like outlook or
mozilla calendar would do.  I do not know if Kronolith supports this
however.

Failing that, I would like a message on my portal screen and calendar.
Failing those, an email reminder.

I am running kronolith-h3-2.0.6 with horde-3.0.9.  I am using the sql
back end (I don't even know what MCAL is...).  I am running this on an
OpenBSD 3.8 system in a chroot Jail.  Everything all my other horde
packages are now running great, and so does every other aspect of Kronolith.

I see nothing unusual in my log files, Kronolith just seems to ignore
the alarm altogether.

Can someone please help?

Thank you.

Chris