[kronolith] Alarm

Chris grooveman at comcast.net
Sat Feb 4 21:53:53 PST 2006

That link refers to the same problem, but no solution.

But it is OK.

I got it!

It is a chroot jail issue (as I suspected).  I will share my findings
for posterity.

My horde configruation points to /var/mysql/mysql.sock.  Since I have
horde running in the chroot jail, this is fine -- but the script runs
from outside the jail, and looks for /var/mysql/mysql.sock and doesn't
find it, because in reality the socket is in /var/www/var/mysql/mysql.sock.

I created a symbolic link and it solved my problem:  ln -s
/var/www/var/mysql/mysql.sock /var/mysql/mysql.sock.

I do appreciate the help though.  Thank you.

Chris.

Time flies?