[kronolith] Sunbird/iCal

dewi dewi at brentwood.bc.ca
Sat Apr 1 08:39:36 PST 2006

Sunbird can access Horde in read only mode in the current stable release.
I am currently using Sunbird/mozilla calendar plugin to access Kronolith
directly in read/write mode using patches created by
Dirkjan Bussink. The inital patches where againt a HEAD CVS release from
last year, but he has recreated
the patches for the current Stable horde 3.1 and Kronolith.

In order to use the features, you setup a new calendar in sunbird and
use the "remote URL" field to subscribe to Horde.
The URL needs to look something like this:-

http://your.server.address/horde/rpc.php/kronolith/yourcalendarusername.ics

for example:-

http://my.server.net/horde/rpc.php/kronolith/dewi@my.server.net.ics

The BIG gottcha here is that you currently must use your full horde
account username to authenticate to the calendar,
in this example dewi at my.server.net

I have Horde setup to use imp as the authentication, but for access to
horde, the users only have to type in the name part of the full
username. This really messed me up for a while as I was using dewi to
authenticate to the calendar in sunbird and of course I was not seeing
my calendar. As soon as I use the dewi at my.server.net .... bingo full access.

Hope this helps.

Dewi.