[kronolith] Kronolith problem with new users: fixed!

Aaron Paetznick aaronp at critd.com
Tue Apr 25 02:27:01 PDT 2006

I'm using Horde v3.1.1 and Kronolith v2.1.1.  I was getting:

PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function query() on a non-object in
/usr/local/www/resources/horde-3.1.1/kronolith-h3-2.1.1/lib/Driver/sql.php
on line 291

...when new users would log in for the first time.  This seems to have
something to do with the user not having any rows in the horde_datatree
table yet.

After a little troubleshooting, I was able to fix the problem by adding:

         $this->_connect();

...just before line 291 in kronolith-h3-2.1.1/lib/Driver/sql.php.  I
hope somebody else finds this tip useful.

--Aaron