[kronolith] CSV Import Issues

Michael Edwards medwards1 at onehealth.ca
Tue Apr 25 14:53:06 PDT 2006

Hi there,

I'm struggling to import CSV data from another web-based calendar into
Kronolith. At first I thought it was the output format from the
original calendar. I've since cleaned the file with Excel and pared it
down to a single event and the behaviour is still all wrong.

I've attached a CSV file that is a slightly stripped example of an
event causing the problem. (Delimiter: ~, Quote: ", fields: 12)

First Kronolith has trouble figuring out the proper
delimiter/quote/fields, but thats not too bad (ideally I'll only have
to import the old event info once for archival).

After filling out the final steps the CSV parser appears to choke on:
Inservice on new resource: ""CPNP Toolkit""(newline)
(morestuff)

The actual event ends up showing:
Inservice on new resource: "CPNP Toolkit"

With no additional event description. Is there something wrong with my
CSV file, or is there something happening during the parsing of the
file?

The example includes some basic HTML, but I notice that that the
brackets are converted to HTML entities. Is there any way to make sure
the raw HTML is imported?

--thanks
Michael Edwards