[kronolith] Alarm message date format not localised

Clarke Brunt clarke.brunt at viridis.net
Tue May 2 04:20:58 PDT 2006

My alarm emails from Kronolith read e.g.

You requested to be reminded about XXXX, which is on 05/03/06
at 08:30.

The date it's talking about is the 3rd of May, and not the 5th of March
which most British people would take this to mean.

I see that the offending date comes from a strftime('%x',...) in
lib/Scheduler/kronolith.php

I'm not sure whether this is an issue with the configuration of locales on
my host machine (Debian/Sarge) or whether Kronolith should try harder to
produce a date format appropriate to user's conventions. I'd actually prefer
it to give a more verbose date, perhaps including the names of day and
month. Either way, suggestions welcome (I'm not familiar with locale
settings and their effect on PHP).