[kronolith] synchronize my calendar with mozilla/evolution/mobilephone

dewi dewi at brentwood.bc.ca
Tue May 2 07:56:09 PDT 2006

This has been covered a couple of times. Here are replies that I sent to
the list  about a month ago:-
1.
Sunbird can access Horde in read only mode in the current stable release.
I am currently using Sunbird/mozilla calendar plugin to access Kronolith
directly in read/write mode using patches created by
Dirkjan Bussink. The inital patches where againt a HEAD CVS release from
last year, but he has recreated
the patches for the current Stable horde 3.1 and Kronolith.

In order to use the features, you setup a new calendar in sunbird and
use the "remote URL" field to subscribe to Horde.
The URL needs to look something like this:-

http://your.server.address/horde/rpc.php/kronolith/yourcalendarusername.ics

for example:-

http://my.server.net/horde/rpc.php/kronolith/dewi@my.server.net.ics

The BIG gottcha here is that you currently must use your full horde
account username to authenticate to the calendar,
in this example dewi at my.server.net

I have Horde setup to use imp as the authentication, but for access to
horde, the users only have to type in the name part of the full
username. This really messed me up for a while as I was using dewi to
authenticate to the calendar in sunbird and of course I was not seeing
my calendar. As soon as I use the dewi at my.server.net .... bingo full
access.

2.
 In the imp/config directory, take a look at servers.php. In this file
there is some explanation of the authentication used by imp. I think my
issues stemmed from the following:-

 * hordeauth: If this parameter is present and true, then IMP will attempt
 *            to use the user's existing credentials (the username/password
 *            they used to log in to Horde) to log in to this source. If
this
 *            parameter is 'full', the username will be used unmodified;
 *            otherwise everything after and including the first @ in the
 *            username will be stripped off before attempting
authentication.
 *

I have mine set to full, so I believe my kronolith entries were being
created with the "calendar_id" and
"event_creator_id"  set to "dewi at brentwood.bc.ca". Hence when using
sunbird, I had to use dewi at brentwood.bc.ca
as my authentication name.

If your entries are being created with just nathanael, it would suggest
to be that you have hordeauth set, but NOT set to full,
so the @whatever.server is being stripped off.
Just a suggestion that seems to fit with my experience, no idea if it
really applies to yours,  try authenticating to the remote sunbird calendar
using the username without the "@gnat.ca."

3.
We are running php 4.4 under debian stable and yes I do have the  PEAR
webdav package installed.

4. I was pretty much in the position as you and discovered that the
username I use to authenticate mattered.
I discovered this by examining the database after creating an event with
sunbird - the event was created, but with a different calendar_id from
teh one I got with my kronolith events. Once I got the correct username,
everything worked fine.
I think I set my horde calendar entry in sunbird to automatically
publish my changes.
Also be sure when you create a calendar item that you create it in your
horde calendar and not in "My Calendar" which is typically the default,
even if you have "my calendar" not displaying.In fact you may want to
delete the default "My Calendar".

That's about all I can offer I'm afraid.

Dewi