[kronolith] Modify other users' catagory color

Brian Herron bherron at espri.arizona.edu
Mon Aug 7 15:16:21 PDT 2006

First off, I just subscribed and I don't have any intention of causing
problems.  Secondly, I'm not what one might call a "seasoned programmer"
-- I'm more of an "I-don't-know-how programmer".
With that out of the way I have a suggestion/request:
The calendar is great, but I encounter one thing that would greatly aid
my organization.

When viewing shared-calendars I get to see each "category" that every
individual calendar/user uses for its/his own events (they appear
directly below the calendar on the left).  But, I can only change my own
categories' colors (Options>Global Options>Categories and Labels).
Shared calendar's categories do not appear in the options so I cannot
modify category-colors originating from a shared calendar; therefore all
shared categories are colored as "Unfiled" or "Default".

I have two ideas that would help differentiate events from different
calendars. 1) Allow me to change the color of the shared-categories
using the same list of categories from the main calendar window to fill
my "Categories and Labels" screen.  Thus, I could change the color of
any category appearing on my calendar.  Every category would need a
color attribute/value that could be changed and stored by each user. Or,
2) showing all users the owner's color for a category.  So if I make my
"vacation" category blue anybody who shares to my calendar sees my blue
category appear on their calendar.  This way the event owner controls
the color value/attribute for his own event and others see it.

Thanks.