[kronolith] Bug in Kronolith Head

Muskingum Web Manager webmgr at muskingum.edu
Tue Oct 31 11:07:59 PST 2006

> The save button is not necessary if javascript is enabled.

That's kind of the point... based on the issue below, something isn't
working right in IE6 and IE7 on multiple machines in my environment.

> > Having the save button also helps accommodate a strange issue with the
panel
> > in IE... the panel works, but it requires an extra click to trigger the
> > event. I'm not sure if it's IE being stupid (very likely), or if it's a
> > minor bug in the code.

> Extra click? Where?

OK, I sign in to Horde using IE6 or IE7. I navigate to the calendar. The
panel appears on the right as expected. I have, at present, 18 calendars
listed in my Remote Calendars list. I click on one of them to check the
checkbox and enable it on my view. It *appears* to do nothing (and I left it
alone for 3 minutes in one test). So I just click or right click on the
calendar (anywhere is fine, but generally an open space)... the action is
triggered and I see the "Loading..." overlay briefly before the action
processes.

I have verified that the Internet Options are set at their "Defaults" for
each of my tests suspecting that something in the Security tab might be
causing an issue. My initial suspicion is that for some reason IE is not
registering an on-click event properly, so the script is not processing
without the extra click.

This has happened on every (13 so far) system I've tested it on.

Hence, I chose to follow the lead of Nag and Mnemo's panel and fix the
problem by re-enabling the Save button by removing the <noscript> tag.

Regards,
Aaron