[kronolith] Using 2 servers for framework - 1 mysql server: calenders missing on both

Mark Worsdall kronolith at worsdall.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 8 13:15:54 PST 2006

In message <20061103011823.a6314j2wgs8ko08w at neo.wg.de>, Jan Schneider
<jan at horde.org> writes
>Zitat von Mark Worsdall <kronolith at worsdall.demon.co.uk>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have 2 machines setup with horde framework.
>>
>> The main server (gateway) had the framework on 1st and uses mysql as
>>the backend, mysql server is on gateway.
>>

>> I cloned the horde framework across to a faster server called
>>(thoth), this is meant to be only used by people within the office.
>>
>> Thoth also uses the gateway mysql server.
>>

>> PROBLEM:
>>
>> When logged into horde on thoth, not all calanders appear, for any
>>use that the users would see when logged into horde on gateway
>>

>> As an asside when a thoth user adds an event via thoth the event
>>never shows up on gateway for the same user.
>>

>> Its worth noting that the notes and tasks appear when logged in on
>>either thoth or gateway.
>>

>> I am suspecting that could it be a mysql problem for thoth, not
>>having some rights to connect to gateway mysql server?
>
>Unlikely, you would get an error message then when saving events.
>Rather sounds like Kronolith is misconfigured on one (or both) of the
>servers.

Well have been looking vigorously at the files in:

/horde/kronolith/config/

and

/horde/config/

and since they are the same on both server, I would also conclude to
what you were saying, in that something must be wrong on bother servers.

However I can't think/see what can be wrong.

Is there any other things I can do to see why the same calendars are not
appearing and events are not being put in?

Can it be, that there is a problem with have one on https and the other
not?

--
Mark Worsdall
http://www.shadowrobot.com/  need a hand??