[kronolith] Recurrence broken in Kronolith -> lastest 3.x Funambol client for WM

Jochem Meyers jochem at mondrian.nl
Mon Apr 2 14:37:48 UTC 2007

Hi all,

When I try to synchronize an item with daily recurrence that ends after an x
number of occurrences to my PDA, the items syncs, but the recurrence is
lost. I've tracked this down to a part of kronolith. When I output $this in
kronolith/lib/Recurrence.php's toRRule20() function, I get the key-value
pairs that seem odd to me:

[recurCount] =>
[recurType] => 19

AFAIK, recurType for daily should be 1. The number 19 seems to originate
from the number of recurrences. I've tested this with another item that
recurred 10 times, and the recurType was 10 in that case.

Other than that, when synchronizing items without a maximum number of
recurrences, with or without an enddate, the recurrence is also lost.

I've been trying to find the cause, but haven't been able to yet. Iirc, this
started round-about when recurcount support was added, maybe the adjustments
made then are the cause of this problem?

I'll keep digging for the cause, as it's a rather painful bug. If I find
anything else, I'll post it here. Any help pointing me to a probable cause
would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jochem