[kronolith] Adding Fields to New Event

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Apr 15 04:36:48 UTC 2007

Quoting Sam DeForest <sam.ml at walpolewood.net>:

> I would like to add some fields to the "new event" form.  I would like to
> add separate fields like, FirstName, LastName, Address1, Address2, Town,
> State, Zip...and maybe a few others.  Does anyone have any tips on what
> files need to be modified to add the form fields and database back end?
> The current "location" and "description" fields are good for brief
> explanation, but I would like to be able to specify where an 'event' is, and
> be able to draw from the database at a later date.  Making this type of an
> upgrade would make this a great appointment scheduler for someone who is on
> the road visitng persons.

Sounds like what you really want is to link the event to a contact in
Turba. We've had such a links api in the past, but don't currently
have a preferred implementation of it. In a way adding all of your
fields is simpler, and you could do it by editing your database and
the templates/edit templates and lib/Driver* files, but linking to a
contact would be much more powerful.