[kronolith] 2.2-RC-2: reminders not sent until calendar is refreshed

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Mar 12 18:45:18 UTC 2008

>> Couldn't you run it on another machine, as long as the other machine had
>> all the Horde/kronolith code installed and was configured to use the same
>> shared backend (e.g., sql, ldap, etc)?
>>
>> Yes, it is a lot of overhead to install all the horde code on the second
>> machine just to run one cron job, but it would seem to me that it should
>> work...  Then again, I've never tried it, or looked at the code for reasons
>> it wouldn't work...
>
> Yes, that would probably work. But then again, why don't you use the
> 2nd server solely if it is a clone of the 1st one?

Well, you'd have to fabricate some reason (the first server runs SQL, and
the second doesn't; the first server is mission critical with lots of
redundency and monitors and stuff, but the alarms are not mission critical
and can only run on the 2nd, etc).

I'm not saying it is a sane approach, just an approach...  Just advocating
for the devil, as always...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics