[kronolith] Lighttpd rpc publishing doesn't work

Hauke Mehrtens horde at hauke-m.de
Fri May 16 15:49:03 UTC 2008

When Lighting talks to Lighttpd it sends a Content-Length and a
Content-Type attribute to the webserver in the http put request.
The HTTP_CONTENT_LENGTH is not supported by the pear WebDav
implementation so it sends back an "501 not implemented" http status for
everything it doesn't know.

After Changing ./pear/HTTP/WebDAV/Server.php to not ending with "The
service does not support" when it finds the HTTP_CONTENT_LENGTH
attribute I am able to publish some entries to the calendar with
Lighting and lighttpd as webserver.

With Apache 2.2 as webserver Lighting doesn't ad the Content-Length and
Content-Type attribute to the http request, but I don't know why.

In the newest WebDav Server.php out of the cvs the problem is fixed:
http://cvs.php.net/viewvc.cgi/pear/HTTP_WebDAV_Server/Server.php?view=markup

--
Hauke Mehrtens