[kronolith] how to re: Added calendar widgets embeddable into external websites

gimili gimili17 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 11:56:29 UTC 2008

Michael Rubinsky wrote:
> Please keep discussions on list so others can benefit.
>

> Quoting gimili <gimili17 at gmail.com>:
>
>> Michael Rubinsky wrote:
>>> To embed a small month-view calendar:
>>> <script
>>> src="http://yourdomain.com/horde/kronolith/imple.php?imple=Embed/container=kronolithCal/view=month/calendar=yourcalendarname"
>>> type="text/javascript"></script>
>>> To embed a summary view:
>>> <script type="text/javascript"
>>> src="http://yourdomain.com/horde/kronolith/imple.php?imple=Embed/container=kronolithCal2/view=summary/calendar=4ab0dab2ff41a140ceecd5e053ee8efc"></script>
>>> The div can go anywhere on your page/blog (you can see some samples
>>> on my 'sandbox' blogger account at http://mrubinsk.blogspot.com)
>>> etc... and you can have multiple embedded views on the same page by
>>> giving the div for each one a seperate dom id. Also, as you can see,
>>> the 'calendar' attribute should be the internal name of the calendar
>>> you want to embed. For most users' default calendars this would be
>>> the username, but you can see the calendar names by viewing the
>>> calendar information page.  In the next release of kronolith, these
>>> code snippits will display on the information page also. (The month
>>> view code has already been added to the information page in the
>>> latest CVS).
>> Thank you Michael!
>> It works fine with your calendar but when I switch to mine I get:
>>    The method "blockTitle" is not defined in the API for horde.
>>    The method "blockContent" is not defined in the API for horde.
>>
> You probably don't have guest permissions allowed for horde itself.
> Administration->Permissions
Yes Michael that fixed it.  Thanks for the help!  This is a great feature!

3 things I noticed while experimenting:
1.  I tried different views like week and day but they did not work.  I
gather only works for month and summary?  Is there also a way to get a
full sized calendar like a print view?
2.  I noticed that when you click on a day it does not show the details
for that day unless you tick off the calendar on the side.  I tested
this on your test calendar and got the same result as mine.  If the code
specifies a specific calendar shouldn't that one be ticked off?  Is this
an option somewhere?
3.  It doesn't seem to work if I use the friendly calendar name but it
works if I use the numbers.  I get this error if I preview in frontpage
when I use the name:  *"Fatal error*: Call to undefined method
PEAR_Error::hasPermission() in
*/usr/share/horde3/kronolith/lib/Block/month.php* on line *68".  *When I
go to firefox it says "No events to display" but there are events.
Perhaps I have a syntax error or something.  I will check out the code
from your site to see if I can spot something I did wrong.
**Thanks again!**