[kronolith] iCal - writeable or not?

Elliot Anders elliot at marlboro.edu
Mon Nov 10 17:49:03 UTC 2008

On Nov 10, 2008, at 3:11 AM  Nov 10, 08, Michael Koehler wrote:
>>> So I ask you: Is it
>>> possible to get a read/write access to Kronolith calendars via
>>> Apple iCal?
>
>> http://wiki.horde.org/KronolithICal
>
> "It should be noted that this will not only overwrite your calendar
> the first time you set it up, but also will overwrite the kronolith
> data with each synchronization/publish."

This sums up our current experience.  If you want to use iCal as the
master and simply publish up to kronolith it works perfectly.  You can
even add events on an iPhone/iPod and sync through iCal, but you need
to think of the kronolith calendar as a published version of iCal
which is replaced with whatever is in iCal at the next publish.   This
makes it useless as a collaborative calendar.

The good news is that Jan recently posted that he hoped to have an
initial version of the CalDav server by the end of the month, which
should solve this problem.

-Elliot