[kronolith] Kronoliths repeats reminders for pre 2.2 events

Andras Galos galosa at netinform.hu
Wed Nov 12 15:29:18 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have Horde 3.3, Imp 4.3 and Kronolith 2.3 installed and running fine.
I use Debian Etch with PHP 5.2.0 on this machine.

But there is a long lasting problem with existing, older events:
Kronolith sends reminders for the same event each time the
horde/kronolith/scripts/reminders.php script runs. It doesn't reminds
that a reminder has already been sent for an event, and it sends the
reminder each time the script runs until the event starting time reached.

I set up the reminder script as shown in
http://wiki.horde.org/KronolithReminders, the scripts runs once in every
five minutes from cron:

*/5 * * * * www-data /usr/bin/php
/var/www/horde/kronolith/scripts/reminders.php

$conf[reminder][server_name] and $conf[reminder][from_addr] in Kronolith
are set well, and were working before with Kronolith <2.2.

$conf[alarms][driver] is set to none in Horde.

Horde's VFS looks fine also, it uses the local filesystem at
/var/spool/horde/vfs which directory is writable for www-data who runs
the reminder script. There is a file called
/var/spool/horde/vfs/.horde/scheduler/horde_scheduler_kronolith in it
which is updated by the script every 5 minutes.

If I run the script manually as www-data, it prints nothing, no errors
reported.

All the settings should be okay, because new events are handled well. If
I add a new event for testing, that works fine, only one reminder is
sent. But with existing, older (pre 2.2) events, the multiple reminders
issue exists.

Could you help me out please to find what I set up wrong that has
resulted this situation?

Best regards,
Andras Galos