[kronolith] Selected calendars cached when changing month/week/etc.

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Tue Jan 20 16:56:23 UTC 2009

My users have encountered a problem I'm surprised to find nothing on
when searching the archives.  (I may be using the wrong keywords.)

Let's say a user has two calendars, "Calendar One" and "Calendar Two."
They view the current month, January, in Calendar One, and then change
to February.  Then they deselect Calendar One and select Calendar Two,
but, upon changing back to January, Calendar One is shown but Calendar
Two is still selected in the "Calendars" pane.

It's almost as if the views are being cached, but clearing the browser
cache does not change the behavior.  I've replicated this on a number
of browsers, including Firefox on the Mac and on Linux.  It appears to
happen with all of the views, Day through Year, not just Month.

I know my explanation is a bit convoluted, so I've taken a series
of five screenshots.

http://www.nebrwesleyan.edu/people/stpierre/step1.png shows the
calendar "Test1" viewed for the week of January 18th.  Then, in
http://www.nebrwesleyan.edu/people/stpierre/step2.png, I've moved back
a week, to the week of January 11th, still in the calendar "Test1."
In http://www.nebrwesleyan.edu/people/stpierre/step3.png, I've
remained in the same week, but I've deselected the calendar "Test1"
and selected the calendar "Test2."  In
http://www.nebrwesleyan.edu/people/stpierre/step4.png, I then move
forward a week to the week of January 18th, still in the calendar
"Test2."

Up to this point, all is working well.  But when I go back a week, in
http://www.nebrwesleyan.edu/people/stpierre/step5.png, the calendar "Test1" is suddenly viewed, but
"Test2" is still selected.

I'm bewildered.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University