[kronolith] modify kronolith-templates - advice on best practices

Andreas Rieger Andreas.Rieger at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 16:53:42 UTC 2009

hi all!

i am having a few issues concerning kronoliths templates.

first, i am trying to modify the print-view/-template for kronolith.
basically i want to make it look more like the standard-weekday-view.
therefore in the print-view the whole weekday-box should be colored
according to an event's category.
the default-view is a bit plain and makes it hard to
distinguish events in different categories.

looking at kronolith/themes/screen.css i noticed the comment that states,
that any changes to the background color will be overridden.
so... can somebody give a me hint how to achieve what i want?

and then there's another, a bit more complex issue.
as soon as you have a few shared calendars the sidebar in kronolith gets
pretty confusing as there are so many entries in a long list.
as we plan to use calendars for resource and room-booking we
defined a naming scheme so that calendars belonging to the same category
(e.g. rooms) get a certain prefix (r-). this way the list of calendars
gets a least a bit structured.

are there any plans for incorporation categories or
nested sets of calendars into kronolith?
at least on the view level a nested display would be sweet
and that brings me to my next and last (for now ;-)) question:
is it possible to override the sidebar with your own copy (template)?
or do i have to tweak the existing files?

what i want to accomplish is a structure like this:

-rooms
 -r-room1
 -r-room2
-resources
 -o-printer1
 -o-beamer1

if there are even better ways to solve my problems i am interested to
hear your input and tips.

thanks!
andreas