[kronolith] Disable sharing of personal calendar?

Steve Devine sd at msu.edu
Tue Feb 24 17:47:28 UTC 2009

Jeff Davis wrote:
> Oops - meant to say "show every other user's calendar" though it appears
> you understood what I meant.
>
> Not to be dense (but I guess I am), but precisely what am I looking to
> change here, ie which permission needs to be altered (read, show, etc)
> and which set of permissions?
>
> Once we have everyone in our district using it I do not want them to
> have to wade through a list of 100's of calendars, and I want them to be
> able to control who sees their calendars.
>
> Also, I need to change perms on existing user calendas as well to
> reflect this policy.
>
> Once this is done we should be ready to deploy.  So far user feedback
> has been favorable.
>

> Thanks,
>
> -Jeff
>
> Steve Devine wrote:
>> Quoting "Jeff Davis" <jdavis at standard.k12.ca.us>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> How do I set up kronolith so that each user does not ess every other
>>> user's calendar?  conf?  prefs?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jefferson K Davis
>>> Technology & Information Systems Manager
>>> Standard School District
>>> 1200 North Chester Ave
>>> Bakersfield, CA  93308
>>> USA
>>> 661.392.2110 ext 120
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> Edit templates/shares/edit.inc and comment out perms you don't want to
>> offer.
>>
>> on ours it was lines
>> 59 through 94
>> and
>>
>> Steve Devine
>> Email & Storage
>> Academic Technical Services
>> Michigan State University
>>
>> 313 Computer Center
>> East Lansing, MI 48824-1042
>> 1-517-432-7327

Well heres what we had. We went into production and we had about a dozen
people set their address books so that all authenticated users (this
number is over 100K)  could read them.
Same way with calendars we had about 5 of those.
So we edited the file I talked about so no one else could do this again.
Then when people go to set permissions on their calendar or address book
theycan't get themselves in trouble.

and then had to do the following in mysql:

FROM MY NOTES:
Address book sharing Problems.

First find the book using the name the User set :

select * from horde_datatree_attributes WHERE attribute_name='name' and
attribute_value like 'sparty%';"

This will get you the datatree_id for sparty's address book

Once you get the datatree_id .
select * from horde_datatree_attributes WHERE datatree_id='99361';
This will give you:
--+
|      107886 | params         |               |
a:3:{s:6:"source";s:8:"localsql";s:7:"default";b:1;s:4:"name";s:8:"sparty";}

|      107886 | name           |               | sparty's Address Book
                                                      |
|      107886 | owner          |               |  sparty
                                                       |
|      107886 | desc           |               |  Blah  Blah
                                                     |
|      107886 | perm_type      |               | matrix
                                                        |
|      107886 | perm_users     | sparty      | 30
                                                      |
|      107886 | perm_default   |               | 6
                                                        |
|      107886 | perm_creator   |               | 6
                                                        |
|      107886 | perm_guest     |               | 6

Its perm_defaults,perm_creator, perm_guest fields that need to be changed.

If they are set for 6 or any other number that 0 I reset them to 0

So do this for each one:
update horde_datatree_attributes set attribute_value='0'  WHERE
datatree_id='107886' and attribute_name='perm_guest' limit 1;"

END NOTES.

--
Steve Devine
Email & Storage