[kronolith] Syncronizing with Nokia 5300 mobile phone

Ralph Kutschera news2008 at ecuapac.dyndns.org
Tue Mar 24 22:08:30 UTC 2009

Roberto Maurizzi wrote:
> [..]
>
> Stupid question: if you can, did you try with simple http?

I have just done this with the same result.

I don't think this issue is related to the certificate because the phone
allowed me to accept the certificate which I did of course. Furthermore
the phone was talking to the Apache webserver (POST /rpc.php....) and
the syncronisation is logged to /tmp/sync/log.txt.

I personally think that either the client (phone) or the server has
incompatible SyncML language. I don't have a clue about SyncML, I just
want to use it :-)

Maybe the answer is in the syncronisation log. I just don't know how to
interprete it:

> DEBUG:  Backend of class SyncML_Backend_Horde created
> DEBUG:  Started at 2009-03-24 22:24:25. Packet logged in /tmp/sync/client_717.wbxml
> DEBUG:  Existing session continued: 9470e7a40e36be33a75b7c4ad624f6ef
> DEBUG:  Checking authentication for user me at server
> DEBUG:  Authenticated: yes; version: 1.1; message ID: 2; source URI: IMEI:354564010847207; target URI: https://server/rpc.php; user: me at server; charset: UTF-8; wbxml: yes
So it seems that the phone authenticated against the server.

> DEBUG:  SQL Query by SyncML_Backend_Horde::eraseMap(): DELETE FROM horde_syncml_map WHERE syncml_syncpartner = ? AND syncml_db = ? AND syncml_uid = ?, values: IMEI:354564010847207, calendar, me at server
> DEBUG:  Creating SyncML_Sync object for database calendar; sync type 201
> DEBUG:  Received <Final> from client.
Does that mean, that the phone just stops talking to the server (Kronolith)?

> DEBUG:  Handle <Final> for state Init
> DEBUG:  Sending <Final> to client
> DEBUG:  Return message completed
> DEBUG:  Finished at 2009-03-24 22:24:30. Packet logged in /tmp/sync/server_717.wbxml

Thanks,
   Ralph