[kronolith] Syncronizing with Nokia 5300 mobile phone

Roberto Maurizzi roberto.maurizzi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 21:49:38 UTC 2009

> This may not solve your entire problem, but we've found that we need to
> import the root certificate (or intermediate certificate) into windows
> mobile phones before sync will work correctly.  If you download the
> certificate on a pc and put it on the phone as a file, you should be able to
> open it on the phone and have it import into the root certs.

I confirm this is true for Nokia S60 phones too, but then my phone doesn't
ask me to accept the unknown cert. If you need to install the cert, for S60
it must be converted to DER binary. The simplest way to do this is to
connect with a browser that can learn self signed certs, accept the self
signed cert, and then export it as binary DER with a name like sitename.cer
then you can send it to the phone using BT or Nokia Suite or even put it on
the webserver under the horde dir and download it from the phone browser.

Stupid question: if you can, did you try with simple http?

Ciao,
  Roberto