[kronolith] CalDav in Kronolith

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Sun Mar 29 15:59:52 UTC 2009

Chuck Hagenbuch schreef:
> Quoting Paul van der Vlis <paul at vandervlis.nl>:
>
>> Another point is the fact that Jan told me that it must be ready very
>> fast, otherways there was no way to get it into Kronolith 2.x. For me
>> Kronolith 3 is not a good option at the moment, because there are no
>> Debian packages. I administer many little organisations, doing
>> (security) updates by hand is much work.
>
> There are no debian packages largely because it's not released yet.

But will these packages be there after the release?
I expect I will have to wait a long time before there are Debian
packages with security support for Horde4.

> Backporting CalDav support to Horde 3 isn't trivial due to the changes
> required.

You say "backporting", is there caldav support in Horde4?

> In any case, I personally still really want to see this happen and am
> hoping to work on it at some point.

I am still willing to pay something for the developement. But I cannot
wait very long.

Maybe it's an idea to ask Andrew McMillan? He has a working caldav
server implementation in PHP5. http://rscds.sourceforge.net/

Making Horde/Kronolith a caldav-client would be an option too.
Horde could be used with Davical or Apple's Ical-server.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
http://www.vandervlis.nl/