[kronolith] CalDav in Kronolith

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Mar 29 18:28:05 UTC 2009

Quoting Paul van der Vlis <paul at vandervlis.nl>:

> But will these packages be there after the release?

Of course.

> I expect I will have to wait a long time before there are Debian
> packages with security support for Horde4.

Why? What do you mean by "security support"?

>> Backporting CalDav support to Horde 3 isn't trivial due to the changes
>> required.
>
> You say "backporting", is there caldav support in Horde4?

That's where it's being written initially, since that's the development line.

> I am still willing to pay something for the developement. But I cannot
> wait very long.
>
> Maybe it's an idea to ask Andrew McMillan? He has a working caldav
> server implementation in PHP5. http://rscds.sourceforge.net/

I've bookmarked this code previously and will have a look at some
point. PHP 5 means it *has* to be Horde 4, though - Horde 3 is
compatible with PHP 4. So you can't have it both ways here.

> Making Horde/Kronolith a caldav-client would be an option too.
> Horde could be used with Davical or Apple's Ical-server.

Yup, that's a separate item, but also on the roadmap somewhere.