[kronolith] Kronolith as CalDAV Client - r/w access?

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Mon Mar 30 14:58:08 UTC 2009

Daniel Mayer schreef:
> Hi,
>
> we have a caldav server running which can be accessed in a read/write
> fashion from various desktop clients.
> I managed to display the calendar in Kronolith (Kronolith H3 (2.3) on
> Horde 3.3.3) after adding it as a remote calendar (using a http://...
> URL). Unfortunately it does not seem to be possible to edit or add
> events to this calendar. Is this currently supported or do I simply have
> to specify the URL in a different way that Kronolith knows it is
> accessing a caldav share and not a plain ics file via http? Any hint
> would be very appreciated.
>
> The Roadmap page mentions patches for the caldav/webdav client support
> and I was wondering where these are accessible or if they are already
> present in the current release.

There is no caldav support in Kronolith, but there seems to be webdav
support. In my opinion webdav is only useable when there is only one
person who has write-access to the calendar otherwise it can give data-loss.

You can use Kolab as a backend for Kronolith. This is no caldav, but
there are plugins for e.g. Sunbird and Outlook.
http://www.kolab.org/

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--