[kronolith] CalDav in Kronolith

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Mon Mar 30 14:47:49 UTC 2009

Chuck Hagenbuch schreef:
> Quoting Paul van der Vlis <paul at vandervlis.nl>:
>
>> But will these packages be there after the release?
>
> Of course.
>
>> I expect I will have to wait a long time before there are Debian
>> packages with security support for Horde4.
>
> Why? What do you mean by "security support"?

I mean the security support on Horde what I normally get from Debian:
http://www.debian.org/security/2008/dsa-1642
http://www.debian.org/security/2008/dsa-1560
http://www.debian.org/security/2008/dsa-1519
http://www.debian.org/security/2008/dsa-1470
http://www.debian.org/security/2007/dsa-1406
(...)

>>> Backporting CalDav support to Horde 3 isn't trivial due to the changes
>>> required.
>>
>> You say "backporting", is there caldav support in Horde4?
>
> That's where it's being written initially, since that's the development
> line.

The development line has been changed.

>> I am still willing to pay something for the developement. But I cannot
>> wait very long.
>>
>> Maybe it's an idea to ask Andrew McMillan? He has a working caldav
>> server implementation in PHP5. http://rscds.sourceforge.net/
>
> I've bookmarked this code previously and will have a look at some point.
> PHP 5 means it *has* to be Horde 4, though - Horde 3 is compatible with
> PHP 4. So you can't have it both ways here.

For me it is no problem to have php5 code inside Horde3, because I use
php5. I think for most people that's no point. But maybe I don't
understand enough of the differences in development for php4 and php5.

>> Making Horde/Kronolith a caldav-client would be an option too.
>> Horde could be used with Davical or Apple's Ical-server.
>
> Yup, that's a separate item, but also on the roadmap somewhere.

For me it is an solution for the same problem ;-)

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
http://www.vandervlis.nl/