[kronolith] Problem with Alarm

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Apr 2 10:43:12 UTC 2009

Zitat von Thomas Berger <tberger at rz.uni-leipzig.de>:

> Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
>
>> Zitat von Thomas Berger <tberger at rz.uni-leipzig.de>:
>>
>>> Hallo,
>>>
>>> we use the Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.2
>>> with kronolith and we have a Problem by the
>>> Alarm function with following property:
>>>
>>> Choose how you want to receive reminders for events with alarms:
>>> Popup Notifcation
>>>
>>> 1. This popup messagebox comes only after an action
>>>  in horde (e.g. building a new page).
>>>  However in imp generated this automatically (e.g. mailbox query).
>>>
>> Yes. What is the problem or question?
>
> can kronolith generate the notification Message automatically
> (without a action - as imp)?

IMP doesn't generate messages automatically either. The difference is
that IMP reloads the mailbox regularly. This makes sense for a mail
client, but not for a calendar. But since you get the calendar alarms
even in the mail interface, it doesn't matter anyway.

>>> 2. The popup messageBox is not disabled by the confirmation
>>>  and is allways present with the next horde action...
>>>
>>> Can I this adjust???
>>
>> No.
>
> Many Users would like a notification message, this is ok, but not
> more, because it very complicates the work of the Horde framework.
> A button in the messagebox (confirmation / more notification)
> would be better or (e.g. sunbird)??

I don't follow. But if you want a notification method that can be
suspended/snoozed, then use the inline notification.
The popup notification is being removed in upcoming versions anyway.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/