[kronolith] Problem with charset using iCalendar

Michael Anders development at visart.de
Tue May 19 11:40:06 UTC 2009

Hi everybody,

after I couldn’t find a solution in the archive or other pages I like to try
it here.

I’m trying to connect my Thunderbird/Lightning to the calendar and task list
at my Horde Groupware Webmail Edition (1.2.3) which works fine until someone
is using German characters in a task, then I got the thunderbird error
CAL_UTF8_DECODING_FAILED (Description: An error occured while decoding an
iCalendar (ics) file as UTF-8. Check that the file, including symbols and
accented letters, is encoded using the UTF-8 character encoding.).

I can´t find the problem, all my configurations are based on utf-8,
including the whole mysql database. All special chars are displayed
correctly on the GUI. And I can actually create a task in Thunderbird with
special chars, which is correctly saved in Horde, don’t work the way back
though.

Does anybody have a good idea for a quick solution?

Thanks for your help

Mike