[kronolith] ICS Major Performance Problem

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Tue Sep 15 09:17:45 UTC 2009

I have a major problem and I don't know where to start with diagnosing it.

I have just finished setting up the horde webmail suite for the company
which has been planned for a long time, and everything started off very
well. The main reason it was so needed was to provide a shared calendar
application for the CEO. He is the ONLY person using kronolith at the
moment and the server is barely doing anything it's so lightly loaded.

When you request the ICS file via rpc.php, the response from the
webserver is agonisingly slow. It seems to take forever to build the ICS
file before it spits the response out.

There's 138 events in total.

I would REALLY appreciate some direction in diagnosing this issue.
--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com