[kronolith] ICS Major Performance Problem

Dietmar Rieder adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at
Tue Sep 15 09:59:09 UTC 2009

Mike Peachey wrote:
> I have a major problem and I don't know where to start with diagnosing it.
>
> I have just finished setting up the horde webmail suite for the company
> which has been planned for a long time, and everything started off very
> well. The main reason it was so needed was to provide a shared calendar
> application for the CEO. He is the ONLY person using kronolith at the
> moment and the server is barely doing anything it's so lightly loaded.
>
> When you request the ICS file via rpc.php, the response from the
> webserver is agonisingly slow. It seems to take forever to build the ICS
> file before it spits the response out.
>
> There's 138 events in total.
>
> I would REALLY appreciate some direction in diagnosing this issue.

If you are running an apache webserver for horde, try to set something
like the following, in order to disable keepalives:

KeepAliveTimeout 5
BrowserMatch "Thunderbird" nokeepalive

Here it is done for Thunderbird Ligthning as client that accesses the
rpc.php script, change it to - or add - your client.

Maybe that helps a bit.

Didi