[kronolith] Updating My Calendar.

Wayne Catterton ciscoswitch at putercom.org
Fri Oct 9 21:09:15 UTC 2009

Hi,

That bug link you sent is all just a blur, I mean from reading that, I
still have no idea of how this thing works.  It's not rocket science,
can't someone write up any documentation that is clear and concise?  or at
least write the program in a way that people can understand?

I understand the frustration of the developers, as I've written a few
things myself, and realize that you can't make everyone happy, as everyone
wants things to work differently..  That's what "options" are for.

The way that I, and sounds like alot of other people would like this to
work, is something that's pretty much default in the enterprise world, yet
it doesn't work that way, or even give you the option to work that way.

It says that Horde is designed to make it as easy as possible, and that
it's not designed to be difficult or complicated.  I have a hard time
believing this.

It's a nice suite of software, however the documentation is horrible.. no
real documentation, and sending users to search through archives of
message boards for help..  That's the one thing that squirrelmail has over
horde, is that it is simple, it's stable, and there's plenty of
documentation, even a plugin system that's easy to use, and develop for.

I was looking to replace squirrelmail with horde originally, but now I'm
having 2nd thoughts.

Thanks,

> Zitat von Wayne Catterton <ciscoswitch at putercom.org>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm sure this has been asked before, but my search to find an answer has
>> not produced any results.
>
> Several times, actually.
>
>> I have a global calendar created, when I add an event to it, and a
>> couple
>> of attendees, once I get the mail, I select Accept and update my
>> calendar,
>> but it does not add it to my calendar when I go back to view.
>
> Because you already have the event in one of your calendars.
>
>> If I delete the event and then click on the update my calendar that
>> comes
>> from the mail request, it get's an error saying event not found.
>
> Of course, you just deleted it.
>
>> So I imagine that it should update my calendar with the event when told
>> do so, but it's not doing it.
>
> The behavior is as expected, though maybe not as desired. See also
> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/8288
>
> Jan.

> http://horde.org/consulting/

Wayne Catterton CCNA