[kronolith] Updating My Calendar.

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Fri Oct 9 23:27:02 UTC 2009

On Fri, 9 Oct 2009, Wayne Catterton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> That bug link you sent is all just a blur, I mean from reading that, I
> still have no idea of how this thing works.  It's not rocket science,
> can't someone write up any documentation that is clear and concise?  or at
> least write the program in a way that people can understand?

<snip>

>> The behavior is as expected, though maybe not as desired. See also
>> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/8288

Reading through that bug report (and I think your issue), I'm a bit
confused as well.  I think maybe I don't understand the calendar model
Kronolith is using.

Most of my calendar interactions are with a MS Exchange system that the
rest of campus uses.  When I receive a meeting invitation from them, I
choose "Accept and add to my calendar".  This adds the event to my
calendar and (I think) emails an iCal response back to the originator.
This sounds very similar to the Horde situation when I do not have access
to the originator's calendar.

When I have access to the originator's Horde calendar (as described in the
bug), what is the reason that Horde only tries to update the originator's
calendar entry?  Isn't the correct behavior to:

1. Update the originator's event with my attendee status (possibly by iCal
email response if I do not have Edit access)

2. Add the event to my own calendar for notification/tracking purposes

Thanks,
 	Andy