[kronolith] performance on large systems

John Madden jmadden at ivytech.edu
Wed Nov 18 14:37:25 UTC 2009

> - Make this configurable, at least in the driver code, so that people
> that still have databases that don't support sub-queries (shouldn't be
> many) can turn the old behavior on.

If I have the time to circle back on this, I'll give it a go.

> - You can't JOIN with horde_groups, because the groups could come from
> any group driver, so you have to keep the old way of getting group
> information.

Same as above, although maybe a bit easier.  If the groups are in LDAP
though, for example, would any of this be relevant?  You can't JOIN
against that anyway.

In our case, we use SQL for everything, so this is at least a starting
point for whoever takes the next step.  I don't mean for the patch to
replace the sharing driver itself, but the concept here is scalability,
which I think it certainly demonstrates for anyone more familiar with
Horde internals.

John

--
John Madden