[kronolith] performance on large systems

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Nov 18 13:53:48 UTC 2009

Zitat von John Madden <jmadden at ivytech.edu>:

>> This is the open bug:
>> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/7363
>>
>> If you have optimized SQL queries for PostgreSQL, it would be great
>> to  get this sorted once and for all.
>
> Patch attached.  Let  me know if you feel it worthy for inclusion on
> the bug report and I'll clean it up to remove stuff rather than
> commenting it out, etc.  Initial testing shows massive improvements
> (kronolith page loading the week view in ~1-2 seconds vs 5-7
> seconds) with sharing turned on.  It's a hefty change to the logic
> so it certainly needs someone with a better Horde background to look
> it over.  It skips over the intelligence of Horde's DB agnostics but
> should work on anything that supports joins and sub-selects.

A few remarks:
- Please make this patch against the latest version from CVS, there
seem to be a revision number mismatch in the file header.
- Make this configurable, at least in the driver code, so that people
that still have databases that don't support sub-queries (shouldn't be
many) can turn the old behavior on.
- You can't JOIN with horde_groups, because the groups could come from
any group driver, so you have to keep the old way of getting group
information.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/