[kronolith] Show events from custom system

roman stachura stachrom at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 07:35:49 UTC 2009

Jan Fabry schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> What is the best way to show events from a custom system in Kronolith?
take a look here:
http://theupstairsroom.com/tag/horde
--> Using the Horde API to Power External Sites or Applications
> For the contacts, there is an example in the Wiki that shows how to
> get contacts from an external application. I would like to do the same
> thing for Kronolith. The events will be read-only.
>
> Is this possible using the regular API?
Yes
> If I understand the code correctly, this would provide the events to
> other applications, but not to Kronolith itself.
>
> I guess could also export the data to iCal, and open them as external
> calendars, but since the data is on the same system, I would prefer a
> tighter integration.
>
> I have experimented a bit, and created a new Kronolith_Driver_qvn
> ("qvn" is the name of the custom system). I implemented the listEvents
> and getEvent methods. The getEvent method returns a Kronolith_Event_qvn.
>
> This works, but is this the best way to do this?
I guess you are using the api...yes that's fine.
> It seems to work for a single calendar, but is there also a way to
> make multiple calendars public?
Yes check out the api:

http://cvs.horde.org/h/chora/co.php/kronolith/lib/api.php?r=1.241
--> listCalendars
> I believe I should work with shares then?
and again yes.

> Greetings,
>
> Jan Fabry
regards roman