[kronolith] Show events from custom system

Jan Fabry jan.fabry at monkeyman.be
Fri Nov 27 08:14:12 UTC 2009

Thank you for your quick reply, but I think this is not what I am
looking for (but please correct me if I'm wrong). By "the API", I
assume you refer to the external API (in lib/api.php), which
applications (both intra-Horde and external) use to get data from
other Horde applications? I think I want it the other way around.

I would like to use the interface of Kronolith, but the data from the
custom system. If I understand it correctly, the API can be used (as
in the example you pointed at) to show data from Kronolith (or any
other Horde app) in an external interface. But I want users to stay in
the Horde environment, and show on the Kronolith calendar my external
events. Mainly so I don't have to duplicate all the UI work, and for
consistency with the webmail and other Horde applications they will use.

For example, if I implement (not call) the 'calendar/listEvents'
function in my own module, the events will not be shown if I look at
the calendar in Kronolith itself. Also, if I want to provide a list of
calendars to show in the little panel on the calendar page, it will
not help if I implement the 'calendar/listCalendars' function, since
Kronolith does not use it's own external API to show this list of
calendars, but goes straight to Kronolith::listCalendars.

Unless, of course, I am completely missing something?

Greetings,

Jan Fabry