[kronolith] No invitations are sent

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Mar 15 15:12:24 UTC 2011

Zitat von Roland van Hout <rvhout at nur.mail.rw>:

> Thanx Jan for your response the clarification is inline

>> Zitat von Roland van Hout <rvhout at nur.mail.rw>:
>>
>>> Hi everybody,
>>>
>>> I am very new to this list.
>>>
>>> Here is my version info:
>>> kronolith2                      2.3.3+debian0-1
>>> horde3                      3.3.6+debian0-2
>>> imp4                        4.3.6+debian0-2
>>> turba2                      2.3.3+debian0-3
>>> dimp1                       1.1.4+debian2-1
>>> ingo1                       1.2.3+debian0-1
>>> nag2                        2.3.4+debian0-1
>>>
>>> Ok my setup is that I authenticate via imap and turba is connected
>>> to my ldap.
>>> I added the free/busy stuff in my ldap and that works.
>>> So if I invite somebody to a meeting with just his
>>> username/mailbox/uid like user1  the FB info is shown.
>>> When I tag send invitations to the meeting none are sent.
>>> If I invite somebody with the email address user1 at nur.mail.rw I
>>> get the error that no FB info could be retrieved
>>> but the invitation is sent!
>>>
>>> So what am I doing wrong? Or is it a feature?
>>
>> What? I didn't read anything in your description that sounds wrong
>> or unintended. What exactly is the problem?
> Ok let's try again.
>
> If I invite somebody to a meeting with just his username and want
> invitations to be sent no email is sent to this person but I can see
> the Free/Busy info while adding him or her.
> If I invite somebody to a meeting with an email address no Free/Busy
> info can be retrieved (normal because of how the URL is produced) if
> I request invitations to be sent this person gets an email.
>
> What I want is that the people in my addressbook (containing the
> calFBURL attribute) can be added to a meeting with just his/her
> username from the addressbook (also the horde username) and
> I can see the Free/Busy info of that person AND this person receives
> an invitation email for the meeting if I tag the send invitations box.
>
> Is  this more clear?

No. What do you mean with "normal because of how the URL is produced"?
We don't build F/B urls. See the other reply to your question. F/B
urls need to be in the address book. If they are wrong, F/B lookup
won't work of course.

Also, user names have nothing to do with address books. Your adress
book might happen to contain some of your users, but Kronolith doesn't
care. It matches attendees by email addresses and free busy urls by
email addresses too.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/