[kronolith] Privacy in Kronolith 3.0 vs. Horde admin rights

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 14 15:44:53 UTC 2011

Quoting Christoph Haas <chhaas-ml at uk-bw.de>:

>> Yes, there are probably other/technical ways to resolve this, but it
>> seems that unless there are details I don't know that using non-admin
>> accounts for normal non-admin access would fix your issue.
>
> sorry, but no, it does not fix the issue at all!

Well, because there are "details I don't know" or at least "details
I don't understand" in your issue with it.

>> From my point of view it makes a big difference to have to do a
> database-dump an analyze the dump to get private entries displayed,
> which is a criminal act, at least a big disregard of privacy rules and
> admin-ethos.
>
> But to get all private things displayed by default from the Horde
> application, by just doing normal admin-jobs is a worse neglect of privacy!

Okay, so you don't want them to see them at all in the Horde interface.
I didn't get that from your original posting.  I thought you still
wanted to be able to see them from the Horde interface, just not
"by default" when using the Horde interface.

In this case, yes, there is an issue which requires a software solution
to fix, rather than policy.  I didn't get that from your original posting.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

This message is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied.  Use this message at your own risk.