[kronolith] Notification of declined events.

gimili gimili17 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 01:04:09 UTC 2011

On 10/31/11 9:43 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Please keep discussions on the list.
>
> Zitat von gimili <gimili17 at gmail.com>:

>>> Yes. That's how it works.
>>> Jan.
>>>
>> OK I think I figured it out.  It only sends an email if the event
>> participants are using imp.
>
> Or any mail client that support iTip.
>
>> The people I was inviting were using thunderbird and clicking on the
>> decline url.  It updates the event but does not send the email.  Is
>> this what is expected?
>
> Yes.
>
>> Would this be a bug in thunderbird or could this be an enhancement
>> request for imp?
>
> Not a bug. Have the people install Lightning if they use Thunderbird.
> Or have them use IMP if they use Kronolith.

Thanks Jan for the help and information.  You are right.  I tested and
if the person has lighting and uses the accept/decline button instead of
clicking on the link to accept/decline they get a message asking if an
email should be sent.  If they select yes the email does indeed get sent
to the creator.  It is too bad that there is a way for them to
accept/decline without notifying the creator but not the end of the
world.  At least the event is updated so the creator just needs to check
the event every so often for accept and declines done by hyperlink.
Thanks again.

--
gimili