[kronolith] Kronolith not activated

cjdl01 cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com
Sat Nov 26 20:46:49 UTC 2011

Quoting "Maurício José T. Tecles" <mtecles at biof.ufrj.br>:

> Citando cjdl01 <cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just upgraded from horde 4.0.11 to 4.0.12.  There were upgrades
>> also available for kronolith, nag, gollem and imp -- and I did
>> those as well.  All went fine, except for kronolith.
>>
>> After upgrading my kronolith, I'm getting this message:
>>
>> HORDE: kronolith is not activated. [pid 18847 on line 1267 of
>> "/usr/share/php/Horde/Registry.php"]
>>
>> I've been looking through my config files, and through
>> /var/www/horde/config/registry.php and
>> /usr/share/php/Horde/Registry.php... I'm not php expert by any
>> means, but nothing is jumping out at me.
>>
>> I upgraded thusly:
>>
>> 1) mv ~/horde/kronolith ~/horde/kronolith_  && mkdir
>> ~/horde/kronolith (no complaints)
>> 2) pear upgrade pear (no complaints)
>> 3) pear channel-update pear.horde.org  (no complaints)
>> 4) touch ~/horde/kronolith/config/conf.php
>> 5) touch ~/horde/kronolith/config/conf.bak.php
>> 6) chmod 666 ~/horde/kronolith/config/conf*php (just temporarily,
>> mind you ;) )
>> 7) Log into Horde, go to "Configuration" and click on the "Check
>> for newer versions" button, generate a config for kronolith (no
>> complaints)
>> 8) Still on the "Configuration" page & everything is up to date, and happy.
>>

> This seems not the correct way to upgrade.
> Read the docs/UPGRADING instructions:
>
> http://www.horde.org/apps/kronolith/docs/UPGRADING

I forgot... step 3.5 would be:
pear upgrade -a -B horde/kronolith

Everything I did was in accordance with the documentation.  If there
is something else I missed (other than my omission of the actual
upgrade command between steps 3 & 4!), please let me know, because
this appears to be 100% in accordance with the docs to me...