[kronolith] Kronolith not activated

Maurício José T. Tecles mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Sat Nov 26 21:06:44 UTC 2011

Citando cjdl01 <cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com>:

> Quoting "Maurício José T. Tecles" <mtecles at biof.ufrj.br>:
>
>> Citando cjdl01 <cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just upgraded from horde 4.0.11 to 4.0.12.  There were upgrades
>>> also available for kronolith, nag, gollem and imp -- and I did
>>> those as well.  All went fine, except for kronolith.
>>>
>>> After upgrading my kronolith, I'm getting this message:
>>>
>>> HORDE: kronolith is not activated. [pid 18847 on line 1267 of
>>> "/usr/share/php/Horde/Registry.php"]
>>>
>>> I've been looking through my config files, and through
>>> /var/www/horde/config/registry.php and
>>> /usr/share/php/Horde/Registry.php... I'm not php expert by any
>>> means, but nothing is jumping out at me.
>>>
>>> I upgraded thusly:
>>>
>>> 1) mv ~/horde/kronolith ~/horde/kronolith_  && mkdir
>>> ~/horde/kronolith (no complaints)
>>> 2) pear upgrade pear (no complaints)
>>> 3) pear channel-update pear.horde.org  (no complaints)
>>> 4) touch ~/horde/kronolith/config/conf.php
>>> 5) touch ~/horde/kronolith/config/conf.bak.php
>>> 6) chmod 666 ~/horde/kronolith/config/conf*php (just temporarily,
>>> mind you ;) )
>>> 7) Log into Horde, go to "Configuration" and click on the "Check
>>> for newer versions" button, generate a config for kronolith (no
>>> complaints)
>>> 8) Still on the "Configuration" page & everything is up to date, and happy.
>>>

>> This seems not the correct way to upgrade.
>> Read the docs/UPGRADING instructions:
>>
>> http://www.horde.org/apps/kronolith/docs/UPGRADING
>
> I forgot... step 3.5 would be:
> pear upgrade -a -B horde/kronolith
>
> Everything I did was in accordance with the documentation.  If there
> is something else I missed (other than my omission of the actual
> upgrade command between steps 3 & 4!), please let me know, because
> this appears to be 100% in accordance with the docs to me...

Not true, there is no "mv ~/horde/kronolith ..." in the upgrade instructions.
Are you sure that all kronolith files would be reinstalled within an upgrade?

Maurício José T. Tecles
Instituto de Biofísica C. C. F. - UFRJ
mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Tel.: (21) 2562-6544